Mark Shurey has specialised in performing repertoire for wedding ceremonies and celebrations. He has a
wide range of religious and non-religious themes suitable for any wedding occasion.
Sample Guitar repertoire for Wedding ceremony
This is by no means an exhaustive list. If there is a guitar piece that you especially would like to have played on the day then please ask. Please note that if the piece does not exist as a classical composition and a new arrangement for the guitar has to be made that there is a transcription fee.
NEW FOR 2015
- Gabriels Oboe (theme to "The Mission")
- Cliffs of Donoon (Irish trad)
- La Isla Bonita - Madonna
- Eidelweiss - Rodgers
- Make you feel my love - Adele
- I just called to say I love you - Stevie Wonder
- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring – Bach
- Romanza Anonima (Spanish Romance)
- Cavatina (theme from "The Deerhunter")
- Recuerdos de La Alhambra – Tarrega
- Wedding March – Mendelssohn
- Canon in D – Pachelbel
- Ave Maria – Schubert
- Greensleeves – Henry VIII
- Air on the G string – Bach
- La volta – Michael Praetorius
- Willsons' Wilde – John Dowland
- Piano prelude in Cmajor – Bach
- Granada – Albeniz
(These can be guitar solos or usually accompany the congregation)
- O Lord my God! (How great thou art)
- The Lord's my shepherd
- Lord of all Hopefulness
- Praise my soul, the king of Heaven
- Make me a channel of your peace
- Amazing Grace
- Morning is broken
(Guitar solos – Mark does not sing them)
- All you need is love – The Beatles
- Bridge over troubled water – Simon/Garfunkel
- Heartbeats – Jose Gonzalez
- Manha de carnival – Black Orpheus
- Falling in love with you – Elvis Presley
- Albatross – Fleetwood Mac
- Allelulia – Cohen/Buckley
- What can I do? – The Corrs
- Chasing Cars – Snow patrol
- I wanna hold your hand – The Beatles
- Here comes the sun – The Beatles
- Thats Amore – Dean Martin
Please note that the Concierto de Aranjuez by Rodrigo is an orchestral piece that does not work well as a
guitar solo and is not advisable as part of the ceremony.
There are several ways in which the guitar could be incorporated into your wedding day, these include music for
the different stages of the wedding ceremony or music during a cocktail reception or music during the wedding meal
or any combination you wish. It is also possible to have a guitar duo or even flamenco dancers if you so wish.
Click here to request a wedding booking
"We just wanted to drop you a line to say a really big THANK YOU for last Saturday. We really feel like your
music created the perfect atmosphere for our special wedding day and was liked by all our guests.
Leanne & Dean
"Your guitar playing was beautiful and was exactly what we hoped it would be. Thank you again!"
Richard & Katy Insley
"Mark was the perfect touch to our intimate wedding celebration. We were so inspired by his style of music
of Mark's wedding music. Not only do they have a great keepsake from the wedding, but also took home a
traditional piece of Spain. Plus it was practical...something folks will use over and over again and be
reminded of our wonderful wedding weekend in Andalusia."
Rachael and Andrew Walker, California, USA
"..thanks a million for the beautiful music and for helping to make our day so special."
Alan & Olga
"Just sending a huge thanks from me and Michael to you and Ruben for the fantastic music on Saturday.
The bride and groom were thrilled and your talents were appreciated by all."